Sunday, January 10, 2010

Food @ Crowne Plaza

In the past 2 weeks, I've had the chance to be invited to a wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Robinsons Galleria. While the hotel has been around for quite a few years, I've never attended a social function there until now. The ballroom sits about 50 tables comfortably.

On the first wedding reception I attended there late last year, the setup style was western sit-down dinner. The food was plain awful! Everything from the appetizer, to the soup, to the main course was way sub-par for a "high-end" hotel like this.

The dinner for tonight's wedding reception was Chinese lauriat format. I was a bit excited when I read the menu. But boy -- was it a major disappointment! One of the worst Chinese lauriat I've ever had. The appetizer cold cuts started the evening and I knew immediately it was downhill from there.

Shangri-La Makati and EDSA are still the best I think when it comes to reception food.

No comments: