Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
|From Niagara Falls|
Monday, December 27, 2010
|From Niagara Falls|
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Temperature was frigid again today. After lunch at a Chinese restaurant, we drove to Polo Park. We split up to do some shopping. While Cols went with Caitlin to do their girl shopping, I was left with Ethan. We were doing fine sitting at the bench when he suddenly decided he needed to poop. And he needed to do it fast!
I begged him to hold it but he said he couldn't. So we ran off to the far-end of the mall where there was a food court. The restrooms were there. As we ran up the short flight of stairs, I tripped and pulled Ethan with me. But not time to get embarrassed as it would be more embarrassing if Ethan poops in his pants.
The mens room was closed for cleaning. Luckily they had a "family" restroom where several members of the family regardless of gender can go in together at the same time. I took Ethan there to relieve himself. Phew! Disaster averted.
We stayed at the mall until early closing time. Driving home was tough with the windshield's low visibility due to ice. Just relied on the GPS to get us back to the main road to Nikki's house. Bought KFC on the way home for dinner.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Toboggan is pretty much like sledding on a small hill. As always, Ethan was fearless. He sled down the hill without concern for his safety. And as usual, Caitlin is afraid to try it out at first. But once she got the hang of it, she won't stop. The kids sled down and walked up about a dozen times. Les and I also sled with them. It was kinda fun. But having cold snow powder hit you in the face while sledding down was a bit painful.
Cols was too cold so she went back to the car to wait for us. We stayed there for about an hour until the freezing weather was getting to be unbearable. We called it a day at around 6pm and headed home.
Friday, December 24, 2010
|From Christmas Eve 2010|
At the stroke of midnight, it was gift opening time!
|From Christmas Eve 2010|
Thursday, December 23, 2010
The Ko house is about 30 mins from the airport. By the time we settled down, it was about 3am and we all went to sleep.
Woke up near noontime. Just stayed home with Ethan and played with the snow in the front porch while Cols and Caitlin went to watch a play with Nikki and William. We lasted only about 15 mins outside and came back in. Ethan took a nap while I accompanied Leslie to pick up Claire from her day care.
It gets dark here very early in Canada during winter. It felt like nighttime by as early as 4pm. After dinner, went to a 24-hr Wal-Mart. The place was packed with Filipinos -- from customers to store attendant. I've never seen so many Pinoys gathered in one place in North America. You can hear Filipino spoken left and right.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
We must have been more tired than we thought. Since Cols closed the thick drapes last night, the room remained dark in the morning. So we did not really know that the sun was already up. We broke into a panic when Cols announced that it was already 11am! I had to immediately call the Reception to ask for a late checkout since we could not possibly get ready in such a short time. The Sutton Place people were very nice and gave us a 30 min extension.
The kids ate their take-out rice from last night and instant noodles at the room. I consumed my CAD 20 coupon at the hotel restaurant with a big club sandwich. The serving was pretty big so I could only eat half and took out the other half.
We left Sutton around 1pm and drove off to Whistler. A GPS is not really necessary as going to Whistler is very straightforward. I just looked at the city map to get an idea how to get out of the city. Once out, you just follow the signs through the Sea-to-Sky Highway all the way to Whistler. I drove at regular speed (80 ~ 100 kmph) and got to Whistler Village around 4pm -- just in time for our check-in at Adara Hotel.
The Adara is a small, 3-storey, boutique hotel in Village Green. Whistler Village is pretty small. So everything is just walking distance. We were booked at Room 220. The room came with a microwave oven and free Wifi Internet access. Actually, the Wifi provider is not really the hotel but Wireless in Whistler. So you can take out your laptop and connect to the access point even if you are far away from the hotel. The other SSID I could see was that of Basewireless which supposedly has a 100mbps fiber link to the Internet.
We walked around Whistler Village but it got dark early and activities are closed by this time. Ethan started complaining he was hungry by 5pm, so we had early dinner at the Japanese sushi-to-go take-out counter at the Visitor Center.
Our room aircon was very noisy. Everytime the thermostat kicks in, it hums really loudly. I actually preferred having the window just open but Cols could not sleep with the voice of people outside. At around 1am, everyone woke up and took some time to get back to sleep again.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
While walking halfway to the restaurant, I realized that I did not have my wallet in my back pocket. I did not feel like going back to the car to check if I left it there. Or if its not there, it must be at home. Anyway, I took the risk and drove us home afterwards without a license.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
|From Dick's 40th Birthday|
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
|From Cols Birthday|
Saturday, October 30, 2010
|From Halloween 2010|
Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- creating a new table with a temporary name;
- populating it with data via INSERT from a SELECT of the old table;
- dropping the old table;
- creating a new table with the desired name;
- populating it with the data from the temporary table (step #2 above)
- dropping the temporary table
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
- The top main menu bar is not visible with Chrome. You only see this thin red line. I thought it was just a separator bar. Turns out that its supposed to be the main menu bar when viewed in IE. It holds the "Logout" button. So for the first few days when I was just using Chrome, I thought there was no way to logout the system.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
|From Boracay 2010|
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
|From Ethan's 4th Birthday|
Monday, September 13, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Performance-wise, there is a difference. Because Request.Redirect is a request to the browser to go to another page, it involves an extra roundtrip. Depending on how fast or slow your Internet connection is, this extra trip can add a pause of a second or two while the browser fetch the new page. With Server.Transfer, the redirected page appears immediately in lieu of the originally requested page.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
- A network problem has been encountered causing the slowdown in the transmission of request and/or reply of BPI Expressonline.
- BPI Expressonline facility is receiving huge transaction requests.
- The network where you are located has installed a firewall parameter which limits your access to send and/or receive requests to/from BPI Expressonline.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
The concept of Duo is simple -- you have one Globe SIM with two numbers associated to it: the usual mobile number, plus a landline number. When you place outgoing calls to a landline, it automatically selects your landline number so that it becomes an unmetered, local landline-to-landlne call. When you call a mobile number, it automatically selects your mobile number as the call originator so that its treated as a mobile-to-mobile call. And people can call your phone whether they dial your mobile number or your landline number.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Open a new window or tab and login to the Twitter account that you want to post to.
- From the Facebook window / tab, go to http://www.facebook.com/twitter
- Just pick the Facebook page you want to Tweet and click the link button
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
- Globe generated a 50% increase in text messaging volume and 100% in voice minutes in 1st half of 2010.
- About 90% of text messages sent via the Globe network are on unlimited and bucket pricing promos, while only 10% are on the regular service
- For voice, 80% of the total voice minutes generated were made via these unlimited promos
- The mobile business accounts for 80% of Globe's total service revenue.
- As of end-June 2010, total subscribers reached 24.6 million. The postpaid market, comprising about 4% of total base, capped the 1st half with 909,466 subscribers.
- Globe's total broadband subscriber base is now 930,000 and is expected to reach 1.2 million by year-end.