Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Farewell Ma'am Beta

I got a call from HR this morning and received the sad news. Our chairperson (and Mozcom majority owner) Beta Gan passed away. Beta has been battling leukemia for over a year. She has put up a strong fight, and I have always admired her courage and strength in facing the disease. Even when she broke the news to me about her illness, her mind seemed very clear on what needs to be done. No panics or hysterics. While Beta did not really come from a technical background, I have always been amazed also at how easily she can grasp technical concepts. I have always relied on her to make the tough decisions especially when it comes to dealing with people, since admittedly, I'm not much of a people-person. She will be missed. Goodbye, BBG!

No comments: