Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Lost My Wallet!

Cols just had her shockwave treatment for kidney stones yesterday so she is still recovering from the pain. Since she was supposed to be the godmother in the baptism of Sharon's son, Jacob, I had to proxy for her at the church. Then lunch reception was held at the Valle Verde 1 clubhouse. I brought the kids with me to the party.

Later in the evening, Herman treated us for dinner at Lugang Cafe. Its the hot, new restaurant along Connecticut that has a very long queue all the time. Clarice supposedly had to make reservations 2 weeks in advance for us to eat here tonight. Since its very difficult to park along that street at night, I drove on quite a bit further until Ford Greenhills where I parked our Montero.

While walking halfway to the restaurant, I realized that I did not have my wallet in my back pocket. I did not feel like going back to the car to check if I left it there. Or if its not there, it must be at home. Anyway, I took the risk and drove us home afterwards without a license.

When we got home, I started checking around where I could have left my wallet -- from the usual side drawer, to the work area at the den, to the Altis which I drove earlier this morning to church. No luck. My wallet was nowhere to be found. Inside were 2 credit cards, drivers license, company ID, discount cards, and about P2.5k+ in cash. Bummer! This is the first time that I've ever lost a wallet in 40 years of existence!

No comments: