Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Doctor Who Season 5

Just watched my first episode of Dr. Who Season 5 starring Matt Smith. I have to admit I had a lot of preconceived biases going into this season. The last three seasons with David Tennant really redefined The Doctor to the new generation of TV viewers. And for all intents and purposes, David Tennant was THE Doctor. He is a fantastic actor and is a very tough act to follow. But since they "killed" him at the last episode, he regenerated as the 11th doctor with Matt Smith playing the role.

Season 5 Episode 1 gave a good preview of what to expect for the rest of the season. And it does look exciting. Matt seems like a good fit for the role. His British accent is a bit stronger and harder to understand. But I guess that is part of The Doctor's charm.

Amy Pond, The Doctor's new companion played by Scottish actress Karen Gillan, is certainly a refreshing look compared to the previous season's Donna Noble. Some Dr. Who fans think she's the best looking companion so far. I'm not much a fan of redheads, I guess. I still vote for Season 3's Frema Agyeman as the best looking companion to date. :) But that doesn't take anything away from Karen who also dabbled in modeling and minor TV and movie roles.

Here's looking forward to watching the next 12 episodes.

No comments: