Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles @ C/S

The second season of Heroes 2 has already finished. It felt like a much shorter season as compared to Season 1. Maybe that's why C/S channel would repeat the same episode for 2 consecutive weeks -- just to fill in the time. In any case, the new tv series that took over its time slot is Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I've always been a big fan of the Terminator series. The original Terminator back in 1994 and the T2 sequel are one of my all-time favorite movies. I have to admit though that Terminator 3 was not that great for me, although the plot twist at the end was pretty good. So I was kinda looking forward to this spin-off tv series. And since it was on the same time slot, I just had to rename the title of the pre-set timer event in my Philips DVD Recorder.


The Sarah Connor Chronicles stars Lena Headey in the title role popularized by Linda Hamilton. Lena is a 34-year old British actress whose only other appearance that I've watched is as Queen Gorgo in the movie 300. The movie pretty much picks off where T2 ended, but before T3 began. So Sarah appears here with her 15 year old John Connor, who will be the future resistance leader, and therefore, has been sentenced to termination by the machines of the future. Sarah and John would go from town-to-town to avoid being detected. And in the last town they ended up, John was befriended in school by the character played by Summer Glau, who turned out to be a terminator sent back to protect John.

Summer's terminator is the first one in the series, so far, which has the physical features of a teenager. I suppose since she is John's classmate, she is supposed to be around 15 years old also. But in real-life, Summer is about 23 years old according to some websites. She pulls off looking like a teenager though, so I guess its ok.

Unlike the movie series, the main human characters in the tv series traveled through time (to escape a terminator). I don't want to even begin thinking all the possible time paradoxes that can result because of that. But I guess the whole point of enjoying the terminator series is NOT to think about the time paradox. Overall, the series is pretty exciting so far.

No comments: