Friday, October 8, 2010

Discovery Shores 2010

This is our second time to stay at Discovery Shores Boracay. As before, the accommodation and facilities are superb. The staff is very well trained and courteous. It never ceases to amaze me how to seem to know all the guests by name and face considering they don't seem to ask.

The food wasn't that great. We had Chicken Alfredo for dinner at the Indigo bar/restaurant, and it was just plain awful.

The resort offers free WiFi access. That's a welcome service since most hotels seem to want to make money out of it. I think it should really be part of the basic amenites. The signal is a bit weak at our room, but I was able to test OpenVPN on my HP Netbook and ran pcAnywhere to remote control my server at Mozcom's data center. It was my first time to actually test this configuration and I was surprised it worked pretty well!

No comments: