Here are some interesting stats that they revealed in their announcement:
- Globe generated a 50% increase in text messaging volume and 100% in voice minutes in 1st half of 2010.
- About 90% of text messages sent via the Globe network are on unlimited and bucket pricing promos, while only 10% are on the regular service
- For voice, 80% of the total voice minutes generated were made via these unlimited promos
- The mobile business accounts for 80% of Globe's total service revenue.
- As of end-June 2010, total subscribers reached 24.6 million. The postpaid market, comprising about 4% of total base, capped the 1st half with 909,466 subscribers.
- Globe's total broadband subscriber base is now 930,000 and is expected to reach 1.2 million by year-end.