Friday, July 8, 2011

Goodbye Lullaby

Its not often that I get to hear a record album where I end up liking almost all the tracks. But Avril Lavigne's Goodbye Lullaby is one such album. Yeah, I know... Avril Lavigne is not exactly the type of singer that is supposed to appeal to 40-year-old-married-males-with-2 kids, but I actually like her music. Her genre of punk rock (with lots of angst), admittedly, is not my normal cup of tea either. But when I first saw the music video for Smile, one of the top singles from the album, I just had to hear the rest of the album.

Avril has matured a little bit with her music compared to her Under My Skin days. She still cusses a lot in her lyrics though. I believe she's a mom now and maybe that mellowed her a little bit. The title track, Goodbye Lullaby, seems to be her singing to her child (baby?).

Her acoustic rendition of the Guns 'N Roses classic, Knocking on Heaven's Door, added a nice contrasting touch to Avril's typical punk/pop-rock beat.

No comments: