Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Birds and The Bees

I'm babysitting the kids this weekend as Cols is in GenSan. Over dinner the other night, Caitlin started asking me about the birds and the bees -- you know, where do babies come from? She's only 7 years old. Isn't she a bit too young to be asking this? Anyway, I quickly parried the question by explaining to her that it is still too difficult for her to understand the concept and that her biology teacher in high school will be able to explain it better. She did not insist after that. Phew!

We went to watch Jack Black's Gulliver's Travel at Greenhills Theater this afternoon. I used the Citibank credit card movie promo. For every single credit card receipt of at least P1,500, you get P100 off from the movie ticket. One of my receipts was more than P5k (it was for a car battery). That one entitled me to a completely free movie pass. Greenhills Theater now charges P180 for an ordinary movie (ie. not 3D). So I still had to pay P80 per person.

The movie is so-so. It was interesting how they used different camera perspective to make Jack Black look larger than the other characters. But you can still tell that they are just super-imposing the different shots on top of each other. I guess if you do not have a budget like that of James Cameron, you just have to make do with what you have.

No comments: