Friday, December 7, 2007

Testing Google Photos

I uploaded some pics from our California vacation last May 2007 to Picasa (Google Photos). Its a very interesting service. I tried Flickr for a while, but I find Picasa more convenient because I'm using GMail instead of Yahoo Mail. Picasa allows you to easily embed your photos into slideshows like the one below. Copying-and-pasting it was quite trivial.

Programming for Google's Data API is also quite fun. The developer support is excellent. I was able to easily integrate the Picasa/Google Photos API to Picatoo (http://www.picatoo.com), Mozcom's online photo printing service. This allows Picasa users to easily retrieve their photos for printing via Picatoo. Of course, we also support Flickr since its the most popular one around.

No comments: