Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Rotarian for A Day

I was invited by the Rotary Club of Makati San Antonio to their weekly meeting at Sentro 1771 in The Fort. Their new "Smiling Visionary President" (SVP), Jon Arayata of Bayantel, is introducing the PayEasy online payment system into their website to accept payments for everything from donations to their projects, to payments of their membership dues. The online donation website of this Rotary chapter is http://rcmsanantonio.payeasy.ph.

The group was a rowdy and fun bunch composed mostly of accountants and telecoms/IT executives. They were very accommodating and friendly to newcomers (ie. potential recruits) which included myself. They're a small close-knit group of less than 30 people although probably only half of the total members were present tonight.

At the latter part of the event, I bumped into an old AdMU classmate - Monique Manalo. While I saw her name in the program sheet, I assumed that it must be another person of the same name. But as it turned out, it was a familiar face from 18 years ago! Very hard to believe it has been that long since I graduated from college.

No comments: