Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Binalot @ RCBC

I had lunch again at RCBC today. I avoided Reyes Barbecue this time and tried Binalot. I've never eaten at Binalot so I wanted to try it out.

The average meal in Binalot is cheaper than Reyes. I ordered a meal with 2 viands (sisig and inihaw) for around P70 and it came with salted egg and raw mango salad. An additional P10 gives you a small sago't gulaman drink.

The food quality was nothing special though. I guess you get what you paid for. The sisig did not taste like sisig to me, and neither did the inihaw. Only the salted egg tasted as expected. Overall, the packaging was good though. It was very environmentally-friendly. The rice and viands were wrapped in banana leaves; then the banana leaf bundle was further wrapped with brown paper to prevent the oils from leaking, I guess.

I wouldn't dismiss Binalot just yet. Maybe I should try their other meals next time before giving it my judgement.

No comments: