Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Metrowide Brownout

Typhoon Basyang brought strong winds yesterday and knocked out power metro wide. Power at our house went off at around 10pm, and restoration is still ongoing as of this morning. I supposed Meralco's call center 16211 is getting swamped by calls because I'm just getting a fast-busy tone when I tried dialing it.

While going through Meralco's website, I noticed that there were no updates on its front page about the current outage. Then I noticed that they had a Twitter link. Surprise, surprise! They seem to actually be regularly updating their Twitter account to apprise customers of the situation. Of course, residential users cannot do much to access the site since they don't have electricity to begin with -- unless they have a still-charged-up notebook and a mobile broadband facility.

No comments: