Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Still on using Google Docs for Presentation

I wrote on a recent blog entry about the improvements of Google Docs' support for presentation. While it can display PowerPoint slides well, the creation and composition part still leaves a lot to be desired. Today, I attempted to create my slides for my upcoming training on SQL completely on Google Docs, and I had to give up after the Javascripts made my IE hang a couple of times (on the same slide). Whenever I tried to copy-and-paste some text from a PDF document onto the slide body then hit some key strokes to delete some text I don't need, IE would freeze up.

So I ended up going back to good ol' MS Powerpoint to do the whole presentation then just upload to Google Docs to share it. Below is an embedded version of my slides published in Google Docs.


No comments: